Living the cottage life, Alaskan style!

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Bragging Rights

I thought of starting this out, life sucks.... but it isn't that life sucks... it's just that at times life piles up on you.  Take yesterday for instance....  In between all my bawling, I had my sister to worry about who was having some oral surgery.  My 93 year old aunt was back in the hospital.  My favorite aunt I might add.  My son's dog (which is like my own) is ill and required a trip to the vet.  And if this wasn't enough, we got 6" of new snow and I had to spend a couple hours shoveling snow. 

In the midst of all this sadness and worry that seems to be burying me these days, or to top it off.... my husband is out of town and I'm left to my own devices.  It's hard enough when I'm separated from my husband....  You know the saying, "your other half"?  Well, he IS my other half.... he is part of me... when we aren't together, I'm lost, I have little motivation, I don't do well. 

So here our neighbors/good friends are leaving , it's snowing like crazy, the dog is sick, etc., etc., and you have to wonder what else can go wrong. 

I'm happy to report that we are not having a repeat of yesterday!  Oh, I'm still bawling and I'm still sad, but I'm so happy for my husband.  You see, he's a Lion.  Lions Club International is the largest service organization IN THE WORLD!  And my husband is a part of this great organization.  He's in Fairbanks for a few days at their annual convention and was awarded the highest award -- Lion of the Year!  This is out of ALL the Lions in his District in Alaska which are probably thousands.  But he certainly deserves it.  He's worked so hard these last couple years, trying to make a different here in Southeast Alaska.  It's nice that his hard work did not go unnoticed.  For that I am grateful. 

No comments: