Living the cottage life, Alaskan style!

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easter Memories

When I was little.... probably 7 years old.... I heard the Easter Bunny....  I didn't see him, but I heard him!  I remember how excited I was, but I didn't get out of bed.  I was sleeping with my mom at the time, as our dad was in the Veteran's Hospital.  We lived in an older home and my mom had a great, big kitchen cabinet.  I'm pretty certain I heard the Easter Bunny hop from the top of the refrigerator down to the kitchen cabinet.  I'm 100% certain. 

Now, I know.... there is no such thing as an Easter Bunny, but I will never ever forget the sound, the excitement, the joy I felt that night.  I guess that's why today, I still believe.  I believe in the Easter Bunny, in Santa, in the Tooth Fairy.  Because you just never know....

Later!
Nancy

No comments: