Living the cottage life, Alaskan style!

Monday, June 24, 2013

Today I Turn 61

I really don't much care for birthdays....  I'm not one of those who will celebrate all week long.  It's not that I hate getting older because I don't. I just don't like being the center of attraction. 

I don't mind being 61.  I'm rather pleased with being older and wiser.  I find I'm more patient the older I get, the less things bother me.  Am I where I want to be at this point in my life?  No....  But that's neither here nor there.  Being 61 is okay. 

This was my favorite present.  Rapped with love... my husband did this.  I didn't know he had it in him!  Inside was a purse.  Okay, so I picked the purse out, but he filled it with goodies and wrapped it!
You always know it's a gathering at our place when the bucket comes out and gets filled with all kinds of good drinks!  Now it might look like A's been caught sneaking a beer.... but I think she's going after the ice!

My son gets a fire going in the pit.  We're hoping the smoke will keep the bugs away. 

Who wouldn't want to be chillin in the pool on this hot, summer day?  Yea, he's got it tough!

The kids have fun in the Ford 150. 

My hubby mans the grill.  Today it was bbqued chicken.  Yummy!

The dessert is served.  My favorite--german chocolate cake!

Yes, it was a good day. 

No comments: