Living the cottage life, Alaskan style!

Saturday, June 8, 2013

I'm Overwhelmed with Clutter

"I'm overwhelmed with clutter" isn't exactly true.... I appear to be overwhelmed and anxious and when I get this way, I feel like the weight of everything in the house is weighing on me.  What causes me to feel this way?  Trying to figure out my future....

My husband and I are retired.  But we like to say, "mostly tired."  And for good reason.  But that's for another day.  We're trying to figure out what we want to do in the next chapter of our lives and it isn't that easy.  Several of our friends have moved South to be near family.  My family is here.  Yet part of me wants to move South so desperately.  Would I be betraying my children and letting my grandchildren down if we moved away?  Would my presence be missed? 

Today I was so close to packing up and moving.  Starting the sort of what to take and what to get rid of.  Yes, I was that close.  I have been downsizing for years now, getting ready for the day when we might leave, and this next downsize will be the real thing. 

But there's so many details to consider and the big one is, can I really, truly, leave my kids and grandkids? 

I think it's time. 

No comments: