Living the cottage life, Alaskan style!

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

My Aunt Rosy

May 26, 2013, my Aunt Rosy passed away....

For every person who knew her, this is a great loss. 

Aunt Rosy was that one person in your life that you admired most, loved most, respected most, and looked up to most.  She was my hero.

She was "organic."  She watched what she ate before it was popular.  She walked every single day.  She made the best clam chowder.  Her voice always had the spirit of joy in it.  You knew she was genuinely happy to see you. 

Aunt Rosy loved to dig clams and mussels. She was a great fisherman.  I knew she used to work at a cannery but I just learned through her obituary that she owned it!  A small cannery where they processed fresh seafood and sold it. 

She was the youngest to climb Mt Hood in the 1920s at the age of 9.  She has been a remarkable women since a child. 

I admired Aunt Rosy for many reasons.  Mostly, she made life look easy.  Even after being married for 39 years and learning her husband, Uncle Edgar, was involved with another women.... she was forgave both and they were all friends.  For the next 31 years, she drove a small motor home from Netarts, Oregon, to Niland, California, where she enjoyed the sun and playing horseshoes. 

Yes, Aunt Rosy lived her life.  A simple life but full.  I will miss her more than she will ever know.  Rest in peace, Aunt Rosy.  I love you. 

No comments: