Living the cottage life, Alaskan style!

Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Little About Me

When I started blogging in 2007, I was very committed.  The stories just rolled from my fingers.  For those who don't blog, it can be quite time consuming and could be considered a full-time job by those who are successful at it.  I'm not one of those people but still enjoy doing it.  You're not just writing a story and posting it.  You're sharing your life, some times the most personal side of it.  The good, bad, and ugly.  Like this post of me titled, "It's only  Monday." Seriously, where else would I expose myself to such silliness except as an anonymous person on the Internet?!  And I'm sure there are much worse "confessions" than this.   

Some blogs are picture perfect.  You drool over their homes.  Their perfect homes.  Not a stitch out of place.  All the linens are ironed.  The bed is perfectly made, layer upon layer of beautiful vintage linens.  Their nicknacks are sparkling.  My home isn't one of those.   We have clutter and messes.  There's always dog hair and dust.  And I'm not ashamed to show it as you can read at the real me


I don't usually have have problems coming up with things to write about.  My problem stems with the fact that I have trouble shutting up!  Some times my posts get too long and I'll be the first to admit it.  Like this post titled, A  Rainy Day for Reading.  This time around I'm trying hard to keep them short, but still personal. 

I love blogging.  I guess because I love writing.  I've kept journals for most all my adult life so this comes easy.  Chatting to no one in particular.  It intrigues me because in the real world I don't care to talk much, but in the blogging world I can write about anything.  Why is that?

But I love blogging.  Sharing little glimpses into my town and my life.   Like the story titled "Friends" about the connection between my precious grandbabies Hunter and Ellis.  Best friends for sure. 

But blogging is time consuming.  You need to take pictures to include in your post, and then there's the downloading, storing, selecting, saving, and sizing. This is the part I don't care so much for.

And if you want to have a successful blog, you need to visit other blogs, leave comments, invite people to visit yours.  It's a give and take endeavor.  I don't have the time to be a full-time PR person for my blog.  I want people to read it.  I hope they read it.  But I also look forward to the comments they leave.  It lets me know others were here.  You can visit some of my favorite blogs by clicking on the links at the right, like Lilac Lane Cottage and Kathy's Cottage

But even if you come and visit and don't leave a comment, that's okay.  Here's a post from a couple years ago--Tag, You're It!".  I was "tagged" by another blogger to share eight things about myself. 

Enjoy!  Nancy

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hi Nancy-
I finally took the time to check out your blog, and it is wonderful! Now that school is starting again I will remember to take the time to check in more, and just leave that homework for later grading!
Your pictures are beautiful, too. Thanks for being my real neighbor.
Chris