Living the cottage life, Alaskan style!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Rain

It's been raining here for what seems like forever.  Course, I know we had some sunny days earlier, but how quickly we forget.  It has been raining for about 10 days, I think. Maybe more.  Nonstop.  Constant.  Heavy rain and lots of wind.  This is our August.  It's always the worst month of the year. 

All this rain is certainly taking its toll on my gardens.  My annuals have been subjected to so much rain, they're just mush.  A slimy mush.

My violas and pansies... done.  That's what's left of them in middle of the zinnias.

My nasturtiums... done... except for a few diehard blossoms.  The rain just pounded them.

My peas and lettuce, done.

My rhubarb has seen its last day and leaves are starting to droop to the ground and turn colors.  Oh, well, it was a nice run of wonderful rhubarb while it lasted.  There's always next year.
 
We're always good about sharing our garden beauty but today I thought I'd show you what it REALLY looks like this time of year! 

Enjoy!  Nancy

No comments: