Living the cottage life, Alaskan style!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ordinary Yard Art

I love yard art! 
And anything will do.
It can be an old tin bowl collecting water for the dog....


Or a rusty wood stove insert used as a planter box.
This old bucket is waiting for its next tenant. 
An old watering can just sitting there collecting rain water. 
Stepping stones to nowhere and back. 
They give the allusion of good things to come.
And barrels strategically placed to gather rain water.
And to offer a hiding place for the peanuts the mice hide underneath....
Even a bird bath can be yard art when it's dry. 
One of my favorite pieces is this old garden plow that was my husband's great uncle.
And the old, rusty bucket looks perfect perched on a stump. 
Bird houses are a must in any garden.
Especially those perched on a mossy stump.
They're just decorative; birds don't nest in them.
Even a large basket can be used as yard art when flipped on its side and filled with sedums.
That's just some of my yard art.  More later.  Nancy
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Georgia said...

You have the best yard art. You inspire me:)

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

I LOVE yard art....I need more but first I need more gardens! I guess we have to take it one step at a time and eventually we'll have things the way I want...if they don't dry up from lack of rain! Just beautiful!
Maura

Anonymous said...

Great yard art!
Jeanni

Donna Heber said...

Hi Nancy,

I just love your yard art. You can really get creative with things. Have a great day!

Fishtail Cottage said...

So glad you linked this post to Fishtail Cottages garden party! I love seeing fantastic finds like yours in the garden! xoxo, tracie

My Little Home and Garden said...

You must have a good eye as you're so creative with garden art.