Living the cottage life, Alaskan style!

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Patriotism

As we were driving around town today, I snapped some pictures of my favorite patriotic moments.  Enjoy! 

This was on an island off Douglas Island.  Those trees?  They're huge Spruce Trees.  Look at the size of that flag hanging over them!  Way cool!

This gets Most Patriotic of a Business!


 This house got Most Patriotic! 

 Sadly, once we left Douglas Island, we didn't see much patriotism....  Especially downtown Juneau. 
Why is that? 
 Some homes felt two flags were better than one....
 And some snazzed up their porch with pretty flowers which is always a winning combination. 
 I give myself Patriot of the Year!  Actually, I give that award to my husband, because he makes me so.  And I love him for that.  Actually, we should be voted Most Patriotic Couple!
I love that I teared up today when I heard the song, "God Bless the USA" by Lee Greenwood. 
 There isn't enough Patriotism in our country today.  I think there should be a grassroots movement to get it back!  YES! 
I'm proud to be an American, and I may just leave all this red white and blue up all year.  

1 comment:

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

I know what you mean about Lee Greenwood's song...it really touches the heart. I tear up every time and I'm not even an American citizen yet!